this morning that the MTA's subway and rail service will shut down at 7 p.m. and bus
service will end at 9 p.m., and Mayor Michael Bloomberg ordered mandatory evacuations
of the city's low-lying Zone A by 7 p.m.
|Residents with Balconies, Terraces or any Outdoor Space|
airbourne during a high wind condition. This includes awnings, umbrellas,
boxes, plants or trees,outdoor furniture, toys etc. Store all furniture cushions,
plantings decorative items inside your apartment. Any items that can't be stored
inside must be secured and tied down.
* · Locate and review relevant insurance information.
* · Ensure you have proper staffing to run the building and perform EAP duties.
* · Residential buildings should notify residents to secure outdoor furniture.
* · Cover electrical equipment from exposure to the weather.
* · Store loose tools, oil cans and extra fuses in a tool box.
* · Secure netting, scaffolding and sidewalk sheds.
* · Suspend crane operations and secure crane equipment when wind speeds
* · Suspend hoist operations and secure exterior hoists when wind speeds
Keep enough supplies in your home to survive on your own for at least three
NYC Department of Buildings:
National Weather Service:
To locate your local evacuation center: