Real Estate Agents Rank Biggest Home Seller MistakesA recent survey of real estate agents by ActiveRain has confirmed that there are certain things a seller should avoid if they are trying to get their home sold for the best price in the least amount of time.
ActiveRain is an online community of real estate professionals who exchange best practices, write real estate blogs, and get free education from the industry and their peers. They produced the above infographic.
The results are no surprise to real estate professionals but good advice for sellers. Barbara Corcoran, the founder of Corcoran Group Real Estate offered similar advice back in 2009 on the Today Show.
by Barbara Corcoran
"The Deadly Sins of Home Sellers"
by Barbara Corcoran 2009
(September 22nd on the Today Show)
- Not Countering an Offer
- Waiting for a Better Offer
- Hanging around during an Open House
- Limiting Hours for Showings
- Leaving Closets a Mess
- Not making Needed Repairs
- Not getting rid of Clutter
- Haggling over the Price of Personal items
- Discounting the Broker's Fee
- Removing the Furniture or not Staging a Property