Smoke-free multi-unit residential housing is an increasing trend. Research shows that 75 percent of non-smokers prefer no-smoking policies where they live and 50 percent said they would pay more to live in a smoke-free residence according to the American Cancer Society.
Ten Manhattan buildings are slated to be the first recipients of the Healthy High-Rises designation. See list of buildings below.
- Ariel West Condominium, 245 West 99th St. NY, NY 10025
- 1510 Lexington Ave. @ Carnegie Hill Place, 1510 Lexington Ave. NY, NY 10029
- Caroline Apartments, 210 Sherman Ave, NY, NY 10034
- The Atrium East, 153 E 32nd St. NY, NY 10016
- Falcon Tower, 245 E 44th St. NY, NY 10017 ·
- Gramercy Park Lofts, 270 Park Ave. South NY, NY 10010
- New York Plaza, Two Water St. NY, NY 10004
- New York Tower, 330 E 39th St. NY, NY 10016
- The Caroline, 60 W. 23rd St, NY, NY 10010
- Tower 67, 145 W 67th St. NY, NY 10023