The other day I attended a cocktail reception in the lobby of The Harrison, a new luxury condominium, at 205 West 76th Street on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
The Harrison's elegant lobby features a series of Romanesque arches and columns, English oak millwork and a grand stone fireplace.
The two twin tower complex will have 132 apartments, studios, 1,2, 3 and 4 bedroom penthouses. The two buildings are joined by a four-story public area.
The larger building fronts Amsterdam Avenue,
the smaller building looks over 76th Street, facing south.
Amenities include: An Equinox Gym in the building and membership is included in the common charges. Entertainment Lounge, Landscaped Outdoor Garden, Dinosaur Themed children's play area. Rooftop Sun Terrace, Related Signature Services, 24-hour attended Garage.
The Harrison has applied for (LEED Silver certification) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, the country's most popular green benchmark.
Certification of silver, gold or platinum can happen up to a year after the building is completed. Green buildings are required to be 14 per cent more efficient than regular building codes dictate.
Current available apartments range from:
- 532 square foot studio for $765,000.
- A 1 bedroom/ 1 bath 706 square foot unit asking $1,190.
- A junior 4 /2 bath apartment asking $1,650,000.
- Three 2 bedroom/2 bath homes ranging from $1,775,000 to $2,100,000.
- Three and four bedroom units including two penthouse apartments with terraces range from $3,150,000 to $6,000,000.